Sunday, January 22, 2012

Nanban!

The frame by frame remake of 3 idiots - Nanban, has indeed been one of the most awaited movies this New year. And, the verdict - from what I see, seems to be divided. The biggest obstacle to any remake is casting. That too for a multi-starrer college based story! The director/producer should literally look out for heroes who can fit in as a college student. Casting is what made the audience wait for this movie. Ilaya Thalapathi Vijay as a College student-who changes the education system is something that only Shankar could have thought of. I guess its the Rajini power that has got into him!

Probably everyone who knew Hindi or even had Hindi literate friends would have watched 3 Idiots. ( Thats what an Aamir Khan movie does to the audience.) A remake of such a remarkable movie is no joke. Shankar has remade this movie shot by shot. Overall, it does look good. I am on the that side of the audience who thought it was not bad at all. Yes, Vijay didn't have the Aamir khan aura around him. He definitely didn't look like the star of the college. But, he did what ever he could. Most importantly, he didn't overact. He did look convincing as Paari. If you are a theevira vijay hater - I am sorry I can't help you. Srikanth and jeeva, fit in really well, and Srikanth's narration was complete justice to the original. Sathyan, as silencer - the California's kongu magan was good, but not perfect. There was no way the Kovai accent could get out of him-even when he says California! Nevertheless, he was funny. Sathyaraj, finally acted in one movie without his stupid misfit punch lines. And thank god he didn't drag his son in to do a role. There were some parts where I thought Boman Irani outplayed him. Oh! I forgot Ileana - she comes in between scenes. She has tried to do a Kareena kapoor, not the Princpal's daughter. So effectively she was ineffective! Anuya as Sathyaraj's elder daughter was a surprise. (Adhukulla heroine ku akka role a!)

Music - Harris saar: Pinnipedal eduthutar. I guess you would have seen the link already, if not please do.

While I do all this, in the other tab of my browser, I am downloading the solutions manual for tomorrow's assignment. Before we decide if Vijay was the right replacement for Aamir Khan, lets just pause for a while and think-"Am I passionate about what I am doing now"? We have successfully engineered a generation, but we fail to realize all that we lost in the process. Keep thinking. And, I wait for the solution manual to download.

1 comment:

  1. Finishing touch Pramaadham!!! Good work Teammate!!! Btw, when Jeeva tries to tickle our ribs in movie, Harris Jayaraj takes care of that part in this review!!! Guys, do check out this link!!! :)

    ReplyDelete